北美华人新生活

保帮家电维修李师傅

心理热线

新客户展示位
更多广告请点击
中文黄页

有您的支持
我们会做得更好
上个星期天四月17号傍晚起点左右,我12岁的女儿在我们居住的公寓大厅里被楼上一位大约60岁左右的白人女士的小狗咬伤了小腿。 本来不应该是很复杂的事情在后来几天里弄得我寝食不安,警察两次登门。
$ g- f4 ]  L9 h( f1 C
- l6 I& \9 s! n" a' S事情是这样的。我三月一号搬到这个公寓里,一切都还好。邻居都很友善,我也尽全力做一个好租客。可在四月十七号的傍晚,我女儿从外面回来,当她走过走廊要到电梯的时候,在旁边的小狗突然扑上来咬了我女儿的左小腿。我女儿是个胆小的孩子,当时没说什么,那位主人也只是训斥她的狗,没有过来察看我女儿的伤情,就带着狗走了。孩子回来后告诉我发生的一切,我察看了伤口,看到没有真正穿透皮肤,只是两道深深的滑伤,虽然能看到红色的肉,但没流出血。我立即用酒精处理了伤口,并教育了孩子以后要当时告诉那个主人。然后我就去打听狗主人住在哪个房间。
' Z" B% N/ [% d9 q/ x( p邻居告诉我她的房间后,我从7点到9点敲了几次门但都没有人,所以我写了一封信塞在门上就走了。第二天,大楼管理员看到我叫住我说她看到了那封信,问我发生了什么。我告诉她事情的经过。她说那个狗主人已经搬到其他房间了,但她不告诉我究竟搬到哪个房间。她保证会通知狗主人。
$ U7 m" V( q0 j0 d* o
, }+ I( @. D1 Y# L7 d! I+ A第二天,朋友们都说狗咬后如果得上狂犬病,后果不堪设想。我在网上查了相关信息后感到非常担心我的女儿,于是我冲到孩子的学校把女儿接出来直接带到附近的诊所,可诊所里人很多,要等大约1个小时,而且我还得知如果我女儿真的需要注射狂犬疫苗,他们没有,需要等24小时。当时有个同样等待的患者建议我到医院的急诊,因为那里有疫苗,如果需要会立即得到救治。5 l  w8 S+ I1 p' k
于是我又带孩子来到SUNNYBROOK急诊,等了近三个小时后看了医生。医生说不是贯穿伤,狗是家养狗,应给没有问题,不需要打疫苗。医生询问狗的信息,可我一无所知。在此同时,我丈夫在我们公寓楼下大厅里遇到了那个狗主人,于是问她要狗的防疫纪录。可她态度极其恶劣,一点不配合。最后在我丈夫的一再询问下,她给了狗兽医的电话号码,让我们自己问。我丈夫打电话去诊所,可诊所拒绝给我们任何信息,因为这是隐私。
6 A/ S1 l9 |/ r& H第二天我又打电话过去,回答还是那样,隐私,我无权知道。我于是问管理员狗主人的电话或住址,但同样因为隐私不告诉我。我当时真是感到很无助,也很气愤,事情发生48小时了,我没有狗和狗主人的任何信息,也没有人道歉。于是我打电话报了警。刚报完警,诊所和狗主人都分别打来电话,告诉我狗是健康的,并告诉我她的房间号和电话。
( |" p1 L* p$ R# V1 @; I: t1 M, A/ {/ d9 s" b
一会,警察来了,询问了情况后就去那个狗主人的家里了。过了一段时间,我给狗主人打电话询问警察调查的情况,她在电话里哭的很可怜,告诉我警察说可能要把狗带走。她还说她得了三次癌症等等,而且说我是个好人,希望能让这件事过去,我们能成为朋友。我被她的话打动,于是保证她我会尽力保住她的狗,因为明天公共安全部门会来人察看我女儿和她的狗,我会为她求情。她也表示如果她能保住她的狗,就一定给我经济补偿。
* A2 y, W1 o( E' H长话短说,不论是否和我的求情有关,她的狗保住了。于是我打电话问她有关经济补偿的事。她没接电话,于是我留言了,说如果她准备好了请尽快给我,我想早点结束这个事情。让我没想到的事是一个小时后有个警察敲门,我开门后他严厉的警告我不允许骚扰那个狗主人,因为她告我骚扰她,并索要钱财。那一刻我真是蒙了。我在表达了我明白了警察的警告后解释了事情的经过。原本严厉的警察态度和蔼了,说那个女士very anxious,便说边用手指指了指他的头,虽然他没说,但我理解为那个狗主人脑子有点不正常。警察还告诉我在加拿大,必须经过法庭索要赔偿,并给了我他的名片,名片后面写下法庭的信息。
& [6 O, e: C5 a: c4 K% c! i2 c. s* C6 z- M+ ^" P, e
我现在在准备到小额法庭的材料。不论怎样,我不能就这么让这件事情过去,这件事情对我和我的家人的的生活影响很大。不论我是否能胜诉,我都要让那个狗主人知道做错了事情要受到惩罚,我也将从这个事件中学到很多经验和教训以及加拿大有关法律程序,在此,也希望我的同胞能从我的事件受到启示,也希望有相关经验或知识的人能够帮我出些建议。
密西沙加中文黄页

主题

帖子

精华

中级会员

积分
获赠鲜花
3 朵
个人财富
2193 金币
注册时间
2010-11-25
发表于 2011-4-27 14:55 | 显示全部楼层
友情提示: 请千万不要登入陌生网站输入QQ号和密码,以防诈骗。
联系我时,请说明是从哪儿看到的,谢谢。
回复 1# 红茶
9 U+ F' k; o6 c4 s# ~( I- x: e8 ^% |" U

% [7 p" H; o% |: L' g    能理解你,我去年9月份也被邻居家的狗给咬了,而且出了很多血,是一条德国狼狗。站起来比我都高。
# a+ K5 ^3 ^1 K4 O
$ I1 t. S! j$ [4 K在加拿大,没事发生的时候,是很安全平和,可有事情的时候,就会发现这里没有你想象的安全,人也没你想象的善良。别说是白人,中国人也一样。
: k6 ~; f6 @" \2 Z# s& C/ q  k7 Q* N( u& z
我被咬的时候,狗是冲过来的,那个速度,我只在动物世界里见过,我家放在草地里的花园灯都被冲断了。对面的邻居看着狗咬了我。当时我还不知道有出血,就是知道裤子破了,回家里换裤子的时候,裤子是湿的,手一摸全是血和狗的唾液。当时我就慌了,想不到别的就要去报警去医院。20分钟之内我和邻居去了医院,医生和护士告诉我一定要报警。医院报告了public health,他们告诉我说,狗的免疫记录完全,而且在加拿大已经有40多年没有发现狂犬病,所以大致是安全的。但他们还是要观察狗10天。因为如果狗是因为发病而咬人,10天之内肯定会死(public health 通常会给你一个case number)。如果最后确定是狂犬病,再打也不迟。而且打血清不是我们想象的一针就可以,要打好几针,非常非常疼。而且那个白人护士把狗主说的。。非常尴尬,还告诉我,你为他考虑很多,它是只为自己考虑的。。所以白人也不都是坏的。我想大家都是中国人,而且狗主一直说报警狗就会被杀掉,我就没有报警。从医院出来的时候他们去买了处方药。事后想想这样做是不妥当的。如果报警狗被杀掉,那说明他有病,应该被杀。那是对整个社区都负责任的做法。
" ?1 x2 ~3 F! H) \2 d4 `4 P( O! h5 x: B/ J+ Q# Z) }
   回来后,也和你一样上网去google了一下狂犬病。不看不知道,一看吓个半死,当时我还有个10个月的小baby。而且从那以后狗主没有任何消息,没有电话,没有问候,就跟没这事情一样,中国人也不都是好的。综合朋友和邻居的意见,我通知了狗主,去了york警局,想做个备案。但让我生气地是他们不受理,因为这不是刑事案件。他们建议我去找律师。
2 [; s9 v4 I* |# ]& `
! C6 `7 ]; y, I* X  在没有选泽的情况下,我找了律师。, m' Q: I  V0 m1 s8 e2 W& Y
  找律师的想法也是本着备案的原则,我的想法是有个法律条文书面证据作约束,万一10几年我因为这个病死了,对孩子有个保障。但律师告诉我,他们不能做无用功。他们一定要求赔偿。这种不是很严重的伤害,属于小额法庭,律师费是赔偿金额的25%(如果没记错的话,加上其它杂费,税可能有30%多,这笔钱并不是房主出,如果有房屋保险,是保险公司出)。 这不是最痛苦的地方,我要每30天去看家庭医生(我现在伤口那儿是很大的一个伤疤,律师问我会不会去游泳,习惯穿多长的泳衣),虽是小伤,但可能需要整形,需要看心理医生(狗咬完我,就冲我另一个孩子冲过去了。我家孩子很喜欢狗,可发生这件事以后,每次回家都不敢开车门,一定要没有狗才下车,而且我们都失眠)。。。这些费用全部要打在赔偿金额里,我们想想就算了。切菜都能割伤手呢,心理可以有个慢慢调试的过程。一切都会好的。如果真地要了赔偿,房主的房屋保险以后肯定要涨的。6 ~. q  s& {; I$ v
. I/ a5 X3 m1 G/ c  G$ Z/ ?
  案件的过程通常跟伤势的复原过程有关,短的要一年多,长的可能一辈子。 ( c& M' d) e! G* c2 l' E% \
4 l. Q7 z2 j" w8 ?
  所以,真的被狗咬,如果不出血,就算了,因为后续的事情烦都能烦死你。。如果出血,一定要去医院,最好狗主一起去,否则,要有它的电话,住址,狗的免疫纪录。这些医院和public health一定要问的。如果要赔偿,直接找律师,这也是我去警察局,他们给我的建议。  J* b) F2 G! G- C
* p8 R/ U4 R: N6 I5 I: {
6 b  ]. x  C+ a6 a# U  a
- X: W4 \& N  c3 k6 K: B
Your Rights If You Are Attacked
2 N! Y3 t/ m+ r( `, PLaws governing dog attacks are different in each province. Typically provinces recognize a common law cause of action, creating liability for owners who know their dogs are dangers. Many provinces also have passed dog bite statutes that can create liabiity in most dog bite cases, with limited defenses available to dog owners.  It doesn't matter if the dog has never bitten another person and dog owners can be liable the very first time their dog bites somebody." `4 s2 A5 e- Q3 v9 k$ D; l

6 f* `% g& v3 @/ O! DPeople may be injured by dogs without being bitten. For example, dogs can cause injury with their claws, can knock people over, and can upset bicycles. If injured, these people may also have the right to recover damages from a dog owner.
- u+ a+ ]4 e) J7 Q3 |% R/ T. o
1 u& P# T% E( VIf You or Your Child are Bitten by a Dog:
, F; o8 `( v2 f•Try to identify the dog. If the dog may have rabies, it is important to receive appropriate vaccines.
: |( Z$ K' c4 ?; \2 a
0 H* p8 N" C& K6 ~•Don't argue with the dog owner. Many dog owners simply won't believe that their dog would bite at all, or if not severely provoked. Arguing doesn't do any good.
$ [' Z% \* s' q5 s( k9 S2 E* q9 P' H6 x+ T. [1 c3 O! o8 k2 j
•Don't sign papers or make recorded statements. It is possible that the dog owner, property owner, or their insurance company will try to get you to make a statement, in writing or on tape, about what happened. Their goal is probably to get you to make statements which help them avoid their liability for your injuries. If they approach you, you should consider having a lawyer assist you.
! [6 j) W  K" x! A' N5 h0 m" G2 V1 d# E' K& F9 _
•Make a report of the incident to the police. The police will investigate the circumstances of the dog bite, and will make a report which may help establish what happened.
. J# x+ z6 y  s6 z
1 M5 y% m) W  h2 Q2 ?6 ^+ H•Seek medical care. Dog bites can involve puncture wounds from fangs, which can easily become infected. Infection can occur even with scrapes and abrasions. An infected wound can result in a worse scar, and may also cause serious complications and side effects. Also, if you wait to get treatment it may not be possible to suture your wounds, increasing the severity of scarring and possibility complicating your recovery.
* |3 t) c+ G( b3 b$ P3 X( B
) L7 L$ m- I+ [9 p% ?3 x6 t  f9 j& `•Consider Consulting a Lawyer. A lawyer can help you get the compensation you are entitled to receive for your financial losses as well as for your pain and suffering. Even if an insurance company offers to write you a check, it can help to have a lawyer review the proposed settlement. Insurance companies are notorious for making low settlement offers to unrepresented individuals. An attorney should be able to identify and preserve evidence about the dog attack, to negotiate with the insurance company, to identify any additional people beyond the dog's owner who may also be liable for damages, and to take any additional steps necessary to obtain a fair outcome.
! s4 L1 p9 Z0 N$ i2 {  x
' Y& _: [# c% DDog Safety Tips " b9 `' G6 v/ B1 }2 ?
Protecting Yourself
: G  @# I6 {  r/ }1 N- jPerhaps the most important thing to remember when encountering a dog is that there is no such thing as a dog that does not bite. Also, it is possible to be injured by a dog in ways other than through a bite injury.
4 L& C: X* ?6 d; D* F; z
- `1 N, V4 \0 x7 ZSituation+ D# f4 j, u) F6 K3 L
Tips and Suggestions
! M8 r5 T. Y- ?* u" {' e% q2 u' H  o4 C! g1 J) g  n3 [9 [3 p
General Safety Even when you know a dog, it is important to follow basic principles of safety:- R2 N1 V- O) c& c( m* V8 _
6 t, K9 g; C2 m3 ?* |. _$ F. ]
•Ask the owner's permission before you try to touch or pet the dog.
7 o5 T4 O8 M) {1 b6 z7 c•Do not suddenly approach a dog, particularly when you are in its territory. ! z, y: J$ ^# B6 z8 B1 p
•After getting the owner's permission, extend the back of your hand to the dog and allow the dog to sniff you before you try to touch or pet it. (Remember - the back of your hand, not your fingers.)
6 x/ B1 \4 S+ o; C, Y4 s; P( ]•Do not try to touch a dog that is eating. 7 A8 H$ X/ D7 u
•Do not touch or pet a dog that is resting or sleeping -- the dog should be aware of your approach. ("Let sleeping dogs lie.")
# b8 J+ t* w: ^. Z) `•Be very careful around a mother dog that has puppies. This is particularly true if the mother is nursing.
* d& g/ p. H* x; M8 z4 Y•Exercise extra care in small or enclosed areas, where a dog may feel cornered. 1 ^9 ~$ {8 f5 m5 B1 g$ r+ _+ ^
•Avoid getting the dog very excited, or engaging in excessively rough play. The dog's instincts may overpower its self-control. ! F# A3 v1 M9 f9 B5 v( ]8 j+ [; `4 f2 n6 B
•Do not stare a strange or threatening dog in the eyes.
* k( N8 L" k- o' Y6 w•If you suspect that a dog is abused or neglected, respect that the dog may be dangerous. ! A* `6 K, X$ w+ I
•Never leave a baby or toddler alone with a dog. As mentioned above, some experts contend that no child under the age of ten should be left alone with a dog. , ]. G8 d8 J4 W8 A& v5 i) m% z
. c7 m0 Q8 T$ ^( c  d7 T
Dogs you don't know Sometimes you can get a sense for a dog's temperment even though you don't know it. If you suspect that a dog may be vicious, respond accordingly.
8 {7 N3 p- w* v# _! @+ X
2 U0 t) Y, ]' S( KHowever, even when you think a dog is friendly, in addition to the general safety rules outlined above, if you must approach a strange dog try to test how the dog will react. For example, if you are getting a ball or toy from a yard where a dog is present, get the dog's attention while you are safely on the other side of a fence to see how it responds.
( v( F4 y% s  M/ r3 I) W/ H* x4 N. G4 d& i) G) w4 i$ I5 g% I
Don't back away from a strange dog - it may think that you are playing./ e8 L: D& r' \% Q, J" j; Q

) F. s7 g/ R4 w# E- s) U) X5 KSpecial Circumstances Riding a Bicycle -- You are not just at risk of being bitten, but you also have a significant chance of being injured if you hit a dog as it runs in front of your bicycle. It is best to try to keep distance between yourself and any dogs.! G* @" U$ \4 u
  `+ M0 I, H  d4 w$ ^. A
Jogging, Running, and Rollerblading -- if you are engaged in a sport where you attract a dog's attention through your rapid movement, you should try to keep a safe distance from dogs. That includes dogs which are on leashes. If you are approached by an unrestrained dog (no chain or leash), don't try to outrun it -- it is probably faster than you. Instead, stay still until it loses interest in you. 0 }- G( K3 X+ P. J8 y' R
% p4 N# N' f# _7 k5 l9 |: `( @
* x0 b# l# [# t; O: y
Protecting Children$ J' _0 s1 p  r6 N
In addition to the points raised above, it is important to take steps to educate children about how to behave around dogs, and to provide appropriate supervision for young children when dogs are present. Some experts suggest that children under the age of ten should never be left alone with a dog, as they may not behave appropriately around the dog, and they may be too small to defend themselves against an attack from even a small dog. Also, dogs may be confused by the movements and behavior of young children and mistake them for prey.
: \5 }& C/ V/ M$ R  _. Q& D
8 t7 B/ u7 v; T" r4 U+ CDog Safety Rules for Children 4 z- |4 T/ K. H5 o! j* _; j
In addition to the general safety rules that are outlined above, which apply to both children and adults, children should be educated as to the following:$ Q8 n0 l8 e) p

) l4 L. ^1 o" M; q•Not every dog that wags its tail is friendly. 3 }& I9 b0 a. m* |' p* e
•Never approach or play with a dog unless and adult is present. ( D$ N+ c. w6 g6 x" k5 e
•Never approach a stray dog, or a dog you do not know.
- X2 J" A6 C* b) n1 ^* ~•Get permission from the dog owner before approaching a dog. (When you approach the dog, it is a good idea for the owner to be present.)
0 v1 k4 e3 t; b& e0 i8 A- a•Remain calm and still when a dog approaches you.
9 f+ e$ X1 p7 o' u  |+ x; @7 t( b) r•Do not tease dogs. / Z  G( \% v- `
•Do not make loud noises around a dog. * ~/ m+ Q% _- _1 P' Z* z
•Do not stare into a dogs eyes. Avoid making direct eye contact. 9 R: _, f, f3 u
•Do not try to help an injured dog. Get a grown-up to help. * `2 ^  b8 \+ L0 ]" @3 f
•Don't put your hand between two dogs. * ^( D& w1 c9 ]9 I; R
•If a dog is behind a fence, don't reach through the fence. + S/ A/ X, S: R. u% d. W0 x
•Keep your face away from dogs. 9 @$ _, P! q3 v! W/ j1 ?$ J
•Don't back away from a dog - it may think that you are playing. 7 w) [, X+ h. m
If a dog seems scary:: If you are scared by a dog, do not run away, scream, or shout.
7 k8 Z# K& [$ Q% E
+ z' Z) k5 q: i. F( \•If a dog knocks you over, stay on the ground, and stay completely still.
0 l8 N+ m7 \8 |- n0 V% i•Protect your head, face, neck and arms. 4 w& ~; q# C  y
•Tell a grown-up about the dog. 0 t: w7 `/ j4 G  ^7 P. X# L
If a dog bites:: Try to give the dog something else to bite or chew, such as a backpack or jacket.
1 m2 }# r- y( I( h1 h. y  ?4 d+ {& l0 a
•Protect your head and face. , |$ Q' d! ~' k1 S% H' s. `
•Tell a grown-up right away
1 f% T7 [. l2 D: y# D% T
+ `1 s7 }1 }/ [$ }以上是一些英文的资料,大家可以看一看既然移民来了加拿大,那么就尽可能的按照本地的规矩和思维方式来处理问题,不要把原居地的习惯带到这里来!!!!!!!!
* H5 v) c; d2 n; J5 O2 e遇事发生,如果不知道如何处理,一定要先询问有经验的人,别自作主张去处理,事后又后悔。
9 H( o, n7 [7 p% |& f- n哪儿的人都一样,有好有坏,别去想当然,一切照法律的途径去处理。! V5 X; x- t/ T, ]! c! d5 z/ |
像碰到被狗咬之类的事,无论大小,一定要立刻报警。严重的马上打911。这里任何的事情,包括上法庭打官司,都是凭书面记录说话,记录越多越有利。咱中国人对于书面文件的不重视经常在处理事故时会吃亏,吃亏后又采取吵闹的方式,只能导致进一步的吃亏。
密西沙加中文黄页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|加拿大密西沙加华人网

GMT-4, 2024-9-27 17:34